Harmony Christian Church is searching for a Children’s & Family Pastor to help us create an engaging environment to help children fall in love with Jesus and partner with their parents in their spiritual development.
This person should be a gifted leader with a heart for people
– You will have a fantastic team of over 20 amazing volunteers to lead as a part of Harmony’s Children’s and Family ministry from newborn to 5th Grade. You would be responsible for leading and continued development of this team as they do the ministry to our kids and their families.
This person should be organized and a self-starter
– Our Children’s and Family ministry relies on the person at the top having the skills to remain organized and clear-headed as they manage curriculum, supplies, cast vision for the future, engage families and so much more.
This person should be a relational magnet
– The job of the Children’s and Family Director is to be in constant contact with people, recruiting volunteers, loving on and supporting families, and interfacing with the church at large. It’s important that you have the relational intelligence to be able to read people and situations and provide care and meaningful interactions.
This person should feel an affinity and alignment with the beliefs and values of Harmony Christian Church
– Don’t go work at a church that you don’t feel you can fully get on board with. We are a church that’s on a mission to Advance the Kingdom by Living for God and Loving people. That means we are looking for someone with a like-minded heart.
Some Qualities of the Right Kind of Candidate:
- Humble (servant leadership is at the core of how we do ministry)
- Loves kids
- Has a passion to see families succeed in leading their whole family into following Jesus
- Has a track record of raising up other leaders (we are not looking for “the face to the place.”)
- Gifted at recruiting and training volunteers.
- A developer of teams and team ministry
- Passionate about God’s word
- Teachable – we are not looking for a “know-it-all”
- Relationally gifted
- Able to work within a team setting
Experience & Education:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience leading in family and children’s ministry in a mid-size to larger church.
A degree from a bible college is a positive but not a requirement.
Harmony is a part of the Restoration Movement Churches (we are a non-denominational, independent church that is staff-led, elder protected).
A Quick Guide to Some Typical Cultural/Theological Differences:
PLEASE NOTE: we are not including these as debating points, we just want to help you see if there is alignment with Harmony and if it would be a great place for you to pursue employment. If you disagree with these statements, then there is a strong likelihood working at Harmony wouldn’t be a great fit.
If you have genuine questions or need clarification, please don’t hesitate to reach out, we are an open book!
- Baptism as a part of salvation (see our beliefs statement about “Salvation” and “Baptism” for more)
- We believe in freewill (we do not ascribe to “Once Saved Always Saved,” we do however believe that followers of Jesus can be secure in their salvation.)
- We partake of communion weekly because this was the New Testament pattern (Acts 20:7)
- We believe in the gifts of the Spirit, but don’t actively pursue the public speaking in tongues, or healing services, etc. We are not a charismatic church or movement. We do however regularly pray for healing for the sick and practice anointing with oil (as found in James 5:14–15)
- Prophecy/End Times: We don’t take a stance on this other than the fact that we are on Jesus’ welcoming committee, not the planning committee. While we may hold personal beliefs about these events, we focus on leading people to Jesus over trying to persuade people to our theological bent.
- Human sexuality: we love everyone equally, but believe the intended created order is for men & women to be united as one flesh through the physical intimacy of sex in the context of a committed relationship we call marriage. Anything outside of this is sin (see Romans 1:26-27). We do not believe gender is fluid (Genesis 1:27) rather it is a created gift to be celebrated and embraced. We believe this is an incredibly complex issue, but choose to lead with loving people, helping them find a relationship with Jesus, and walking with them through the truth of scripture. We do not compromise the truth, nor do we compromise on loving people.
- Racial issues: We are a church that is racially diverse. We do not make a big deal about this, because we just love people – but are also a church that believes it’s important to stick up for those who are mistreated. We are VERY careful and cautious about how we walk those lines and careful to lead with love.
- Political issues: We are not a political church.