Connect Group Questions
Oct. 29, 2023 – Trailhead 5 – Fire 101
Playing, Praying, and Growing together
Last weeks service
This Weeks ?’s
- What’s been your favorite Halloween costume ever?
- Recall last week’s application question: “What practical steps did you could take to incorporate the 4G’s into your daily life?” Does anyone want to share anything about this?
REBUILD THE SERMON:
Trail 8: How to read the Bible and why.
- What stood out to you from the sermon?
- Why are so many people intimidated by the Bible?
- Why do people need to read the Bible?
- Why can I trust the Bible?
The following questions aim to demystify the Bible. Tailor your discussion to your group’s needs, whether it’s getting comfortable with the Bible, addressing specific questions, or creating a Bible study plan. Remember, not everyone in your group may have an in-depth understanding of the Bible and its structure.
- This 5-minute video explains the basic structure of the Bible and how it was formed. It can be a good place to start:
Leader Hint: You may be able to show it clearly, or you can send it out to your group afterwards.
- Where should I start when reading the Bible?
Kent’s recommendation: Start with John and Romans, then the rest of the NT before going to the OT. Or use a Bible reading plan.
- How can I read the Bible like a PRO?
Leader Hint: Pray – Invite God in; Read – not a ton at one time; Observe — If you had to teach this to someone else, what would you say?
- Is anyone confused about translations and why there are so many?
Leader Hint: Each translation has a purpose. Something like the NLT or Message is easier to read but will paraphrase. The NASB preserves the original text as much as possible but can be hard to follow. All translations exist on this spectrum.
- Do discrepancies in the Bible bother anyone?
- Does anyone have a reading plan they are currently following?
- Make a plan for reading the Bible.
- When will you read?
- What will you read?
- How will you engage the scripture?
- Get creative. Listen to an audio Bible, Read aloud with your spouse or kids.
- Take up prayer requests and pray together.
Upcoming at Harmony
Submit a Prayer
Does your group have a prayer request that you think would be helpful for our care ministry team to know about and be praying for? Submit it below:
Our church has an INCREDIBLE care ministry team. They regularly pray over the needs in our church and contact those who need care. If you need prayer, please submit your request here.