Connect Group Questions
April 16 – Week 3 – The Beatitudes (Section 49)
Playing, Praying, and Growing together
Last weeks service
This Weeks ?’s
- What’s the luckiest thing that’s ever happened to you?
- Any feedback on last week’s application question: What actionable thing can you and Jesus do to start confronting your greatest failure and turn it into your Faith Story, to be able to say, “I am the way that I am because when this happened, I, with the help of Jesus, responded in this way.”
REBUILD THE SERMON:
- What stood out to you from the sermon?
- Read Matthew 5:1-12.
- Do any of these seem to apply to you more than the others?
- Kent said these describe what?
Leader Hint: What life is like for someone who lives in the kingdom of God.
- Why does this kind of perspective give us freedom?
- Read Romans 8:35-39
- How does the view that nothing can separate us from the love of God explain the beatitudes?
- Do we hold loosely or tightly to things like our time, treasure, or talents? What does that even mean?
- Can we have a more meaningful life by letting go of these things?
- What is one tangible way you can practice viewing your time, treasure, or talents as opportunities for God to work?
- Take up prayer requests and pray as a group.
Upcoming at Harmony
Submit a Prayer
Does your group have a prayer request that you think would be helpful for our care ministry team to know about and be praying for? Submit it below:
Our church has an INCREDIBLE care ministry team. They regularly pray over the needs in our church and contact those who need care. If you need prayer, please submit your request here.